Monday, August 20, 2007

Chak De...

Last weekend, I checked out the latest Bollyywood pot boiler Chak De casting the King Khan. Going to the movie with my Kunal was a reminescent of those days back at home when we never missed a Shah Rukh Khan flick. As kids, we were totally fascinated the aura, the enigma, and the charm that oozed from his persona. It all started with Baazigar, if my memory doesn't fail me and ever since me and Kunal were a li'l more than awed with his acting. Though of late, I am sure we have also been damn critical of his over-the-board acting skills and over-confidence. Anyway, I don't wanna get into those intricacies now. What I want to write is about the movie, Chak De India.. It sure has appealed to me a lot more than I expected.

Honestly speaking, I didn't expect this off-beat story to click the way it has. And for a change, its not just because of King Khan but due to a combined effort of all the new actors.. the way the regional features have been portrayed is certainly worth appreciation. The vernacular touch sure made the movie pleasurable throughout and needless to say that this was one movie in long times which I found to not too stretched. Well, umm, I would rather not mention anything more about the movie. Its better to check it out for oneself and then will share the same opinion as me!