Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Memories Unlimited..

It was the 26th of January of this year. The much awaited Rang De Basanti was releasing that day. Me and my best friend had decided to catch up with the movie on the same day itself. A nice way to jumpstart his birthday celebrations for sure! Yes…It was his birthday too and we had a lot of plans. Actually it wasn’t too different from the rest of the days that we used to spend in each other’s company. With him around, everyday seemed like unlimited fun in spite of the stupendous fights that we used to have. I just wanted him to have a good day…he was very lonely (missing his girlfriend) like hell. Anyways, we managed to get the tickets for the evening show….both of us and another friend of ours. I am sure the girls must be real jealous of me! Of course, both of them were the most coveted guys in town: One for his Adonis looks and the other for his womanizing charms! The three of us got very reminiscent of our college days. The movie had a new perspective about patriotism…something which I think, today’s youth can correlate to! After the movie, we straightaway headed for Sparks- the place we used to frequently hang around at! It wasn’t a very great place but somehow I think t had an air of apnapan in the place that made us go there again and again. Inspired by DJ and Sukhi’s beer guzzling competition, the three of us started off with something similar. Yes and amazingly enough, I came a close second.Yipee!! One after another…it went on and on and on..I was enjoying it a lot…Cheerz to our friendship. Yes, I do feel I have found some of the most amazing friends in both of them. And how can I ever forget to mention about our dancing spree? Jeet and me surely had something when we danced with each other (at least, that’s what a lot of people said). And they were undoubtedly right! Though neither of us were what you would call great dancers but we certainly were great with each other. It was fun and the best part was that he was enjoying his day. And that’s all that mattered to me then. A lot of dance and booze finally brought the day to an end. Its been ages since the three of us have been able to meet up each other but the memories are still fresh. We could just get up one fine morning and write a book on the times we spent together. Every moment is fleeting. All that remains are memories unlimited that render all the joy that our heart longs for!
Guys- I miss both of you a lot and all those log discussions and stupid talks that we used to have over the many cups of coffee. And simultaneously, I wish those times would repeat themselves…