Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Wanderlust

I was back from office and a few social obligations... meeting up a friend even when I barely had the stamina to romp around after my usual hours at the office. Meeting up people when you want to spend sometime alone can be such a pain in the neck. Its not that I detest socializing or something like that...In fact, I am more of a social animal than an introvert as I already might have sounded to be. But then, there are times when I feel the necessity of being all alone..to myself.

As I moved back to my apartment, I wondered what was it that I wanted to do. I realised watching a movie would probably hush off my long-existing issues. I headed for the nearest DVD store and picked up a couple -- Erin Brockovich and New York Waiting. There is a reason for me picking up the first one.. somebody complimented me on having the similar determination and grit as Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich. That sufficed to trigger my interest to watch the movie. And the second one...well, that was something I picked up by my instincts. A romantic affaie..the movie was way ahead of being just another romantic mushy love story. It illuminates the effects of lovesickness and wanderlust. Sad, intense and sensitive- thats what I would say about this flick that I saw.

Even after watching the movie, I really couldnt cheer myself up. Thats when I treated myself to a smoke and some lovely intoxicating music.. I am just imagining myself in what I would call the beginning of a low phase. Hopefully, I get out of this soon.