Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Big Bad World..

As I get to my work as every other day, I sit at my workplace basking in the glow of the compliments of the people around me. Now thats something that can be credited to my new makeover...not a major one but certainly a welcome change. I got my hairstyle changed and lo.. there was a downpour of compliments from people I expected and also from people I barely speak to. But at the end of it all, there is something else on my mind.

Are looks all that matters? I presume they do because till date, we still give a glance to someone who is looking great. But no... I am digressing! What I am trying to put across is the notion that looks help people go a long way. Is it true? I sit...I ponder ...and I do think there is an ounce of truth in it , if not a tonne of it! I have seen my classmates using their external beauty and their charms to their advantage during the placement season. Something which is so academia gets a touch of bias based on external features. I dont blame them .. i guess its the fault of the teachers and the corporate people who actually make the students believe that this indeed is the easy way out. I am sure a lot of people will agree with me when I say that making it successfuk isnt anymore just about having good academics only.

I just hope that this doesnt remain the case. For as I learn the games of the corporate world, I realise its a lot more than just talent. I just hope I dont join the bandwagon and move ahead on the basis of my hardwork and talent rather than any other ancillary things.